Research Assistant(1407 Views)
About Afghanistan SUPPORT-II Project
SUPPORT directly assists USAID/Afghanistan Program and Projects Development Office (PPDO) with information management services and provides the PPDO and USAID/Afghanistan with a number of key services, including information management and reporting products and performance monitoring plans and related activities. SUPPORT is seeking well qualified Afghan candidates for a newly established field monitoring unit which will provide periodic reviews of specific activities on behalf of USAID/Afghanistan.
SUPPORT-II is tasked with the mid-term performance evaluation of the Initiative for Hygiene, Sanitation and Nutrition Project (IHSAN). IHSAN is a USAID Initiative that assists the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) to implement at-scale, evidence-based nutrition and WASH interventions to improve the nutritional status of women and children less than five years old, with a focus on the first 1,000 days (conception to 24 months of age). Over the five-year contract period (2016-2021), IHSAN will: 1) enhance capacity to institutionalize nutrition programs; 2) increase the adoption of optimal nutrition and hygiene behaviors at community and household levels; and 3) increase the availability of nutrition, hygiene, and sanitation services and products.
The project started in May 2016 and it will reach its mid-point in October 2018. This evaluation will assess the performance of the Implementing Partner (IP), FHI-360, mid-way through the project. The findings of the evaluation will help inform the program’s implementation and will also be used when designing similar USAID projects.
As per the statement of work for the assignment, SUPPORT II is hiring 2 Research Assistants with 39 Days LOE to join the evaluation team which will also include a Team Leader and an expat Technical Evaluation Specialist. The Research Assistants will have a strong background in data collection, analysis and/or nutrition and WASH experience.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||034|
|Closing Date:||19 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) The Research Assistants will gather data on the progress of sales, volumes of trade, and memorandums of understanding (MOUs) for six months after the show, with the assistance of existing data provided by ATAR.
2) They will take part in the data and document review which will require the evaluation team members to review documents throughout the evaluation process, including project documents, preliminary reports, data collected by the team and that provided by USAID technical offices, relevant studies, and other project documents to ensure that comprehensive and grounded best practices will be identified.
3) They will conduct or take part in key informant interviews and focus group discussions with a variety of stakeholders involved with IHSAN and its implementation.
4) They will assist with the interpretation, data collection, compilation and analysis.
5) They might be tasked with some logistical, clerical and translation support for the team.
6) Any other tasks assigned by the team leader.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• A bachelors’ degree in a relevant discipline is required.
• The Research Assistant will have a minimum of two years of experience in evaluations and/or research of health projects.
• Should have strong English language skills and be able to translate in both Dari and Pashto languages.
• The candidate must be willing to travel to the project sites outside of Kabul eg (Ghor, Badakhsan, Kunar and Nangarhar).
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position along with the Bio Data Form. Female are highly encourage to apply.
Write clearly in the subject line of your email the job title and number.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Monitoring and Reporting Specialist at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|
|M&E Manager at National Democratic Institute for International Affairs||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Presidential Instructions Following Up SME at MOIA||Kabul||19 Aug 2018|
|MoIA Financial Commitment letter M&E SME at MOIA||Kabul||19 Aug 2018|
|Senior Curriculum Development Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|