Security Associate(2084 Views)
About United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To perform tasks related to the implementation and assessment of security measures and maintenance of equipment with a view towards providing updates and recommendations to facilitate informed decision-making and secure WFP staff, facilities and operations.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||84534|
|Closing Date:||26 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||12 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review security threats and risks in detail and compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, in order to ensure information is accurately collated and sent to senior security staff to support reporting and decision making.
2. Review security related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to produce a range of analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
3. Liaise and co-ordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors, to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
4. Plan and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and perform security assessments within the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
5. Analyse security assessment reports following field missions and present detailed recommendations for risk mitigation to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
6. Assist in advising the Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
7. Support the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
8. Support the maintenance and management of security equipment and make recommendations to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
9. Monitor and ensure that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
10. Maintain and develop recommendations for improving emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures, to support preparedness for a crisis.
11. Deliver security training to staff and review security training needs in order to develop measures to meet business requirements.
12. Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
• Specialised knowledge of the application of practical methods, techniques, procedures and systems used in security, typically gained through technical training and work experience.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies.
• Training and experience in fire and related intervention/evacuation procedures.
• Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
• Attention to detail and constant vigilance in order to promptly detect any breach in security measures.
• Ability to interpret information, use judgement and inform supervisors of any incidents which might impact the UNWFP staff and operations.
• Excellent communication skills in order to maintain frequent correspondence with both, internal staff and external authorities with regards to security advisories and security incidents.
• Willingness to attend security trainings and comply with UNSMS standards.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
• Has gained sound knowledge of security operations technical processes
• Has provided technical guidance and training to staff members within area of expertise
• Has supported research and collation of data which feeds into reports that inform security operations activities
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency in Pashto or Dari, preferably both.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
High School, Security/Safety
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting a letter of interest and an updated CV and/or P11 form (Attached). Please click on the links provided in order to submit your online application through the WFP E-recruitment portal. Please note that application submitted via email or hardcopy will not be given any consideration.
To apply, please click or cut and past the following link in your browser https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=84534&company=C0000168410P&username;=:
|More jobs in this category|
|Coordinator Safety and Security at French Medical Institute for Mothers a..||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|Safety Officer at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||23 Jan 2019|
|Regional Security Technician at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||23 Jan 2019|
|GUARD at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|