Data Analyst(1835 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Data Analyst is a member of the USWDP Organizational Development; Under the overall guidance and leadership of the ICT Team Leader and direct supervision of ICT Training Specialist, he/she will accomplish specific tasks in relation to data collection, data cleaning, data analysis, data entry and reporting to the relevant line managers.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||470|
|Closing Date:||24 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Analyst is a full-time, temporary position for 3 months located at the USWDP field office in Kabul, Afghanistan at Ministry of Higher Education. Key responsibilities and tasks of the position include:
1. Under direct supervision of ICT Training Specialist will, collect the data from all the relevant directorates, departments, and units of ministry of higher education (MOHE) and USWDP office.
2. Collection and analysis of the data received from MOHE and USWDP.
3. Clean and clear the data before data entry and make sure to enter data accurately.
4. Provide Support for data and system uploads, downloads and data backup.
5. Provide support for all the data entry requirements for all systems.
6. Work closely with MOHE IT directorate and other relevant directorate staff members to establish ongoing capacity and methods for the continued maintenance and support of all systems.
7. Identify problems and issues with our data entry platform system and communicate those problems immediately with the line manager and supervisor.
8. Maintain database integrity by checking and correcting the errors (bug fixing) and or take notes to solve those issues by the contracting company.
9. Maintain confidentiality of all the data received from MOHE and USWDP.
10. Provision of training, on the job training, coaching and mentoring to all the MOHE relevant directorates, departments and units.
11. Work closely with the MOHE department staff members to not only enter the data but also show and instruct them on how to enter, clean, and analyze the data.
12. Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Strong communication skills; Articulate and professional, and ability to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English, and should have working knowledge of Dari and Pashto languages.
• Computer skills, including Excel and MS word packages.
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization skills, and attention to detail are required.
• Work with full commitment, personal integrity and professionalism.
• Bachelor degree of any social sciences in one of the following or related fields preferred: Computer Science, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics.
• Experience in typing in high speed (40 – 50 words per minute).
• Experience in typing English, Dari and Pashtu languages.
• Experience in providing basic computer and data entry training, coaching and mentoring.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
1. Please indicate the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of the email otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Application received after the closing date, will not be considered.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|کارشناس امور تنظیمی at National Medicine and Healthcare ..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس آګاهی عامه at National Medicine and Healthcare Pr..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس تعین قیمت ها at National Medicine and Healthcare..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator (Balkh) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Balkh||25 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیریت تحویخانه (.. at DABS||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Engineering, Construction and manufacturing||Kabul||09 Nov 2018|
|Outreach Coordinator/ Herat at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||23 Oct 2018|
|Focal Point at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Laghman||18 Oct 2018|
|Intern, Parwan at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Parwan||18 Oct 2018|
|Program Assistant (PA) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kapisa||18 Oct 2018|
|صفا کارسب ستیشن امارات at DABS||Kabul||22 Oct 2018|
|Re - Secretary/Translate at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul City Ri..||Kabul||19 Oct 2018|
|Admin/Procurement Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||19 Oct 2018|
|Liaison Officer at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|