Associate Director of Advancement(995 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Development Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as the Associate Director of Advancement. AUAF development and fundraising apparatus interact with nearly all departments within the University as well as with AUAF’s partner organizations outside Afghanistan. A major portion of the associate director’s job will involve supervising a team that consists of coordinators and managers who will work with other departments – student affairs, finance, communications etc. – and ensure that AUAF meets its reporting obligations to its grantors. Moreover, the individual will be a key member of the development team and will assist in mobilizing external resources to support the University’s mission.
|Date Posted:||17 May 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||26 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversight of Gift Agreements:
• Review the University’s gift agreements with its current donors and create a mechanism for gathering all the data (this requires working closely with the finance, student finance, and communications department) required to produce high-quality reports
• Ensure that the databank, once created, stays updated
• Strengthen AUAF’s relationship with its grantors through leading the University’s weekly development calls with its grantors
• Oversight of the Office of Alumni Relations:
• Review and revise AUAF Alumni Engagement Strategy to serve the objective of creating a robust alumni network for the University.
• Work closely with AUAF’s Global Alumni Relations Coordinator to identify the office’s needs – personnel and otherwise – and suggest mechanisms and paths for meeting those needs
• Review and revise the office’s plan and activities to engage our alumni in 2018 and mobilize the resources to implement those plans. As part of this exercise, clear benchmarks must be set and achieved
• Resource Mobilizing Responsibilities:
• Engage the local community and build relationships with local & international government entities, private sector partners, and associated organizations in order to secure grants and other funding
• Host outreach and fundraising events locally and regionally
• Provide support to the VP of Development and Director of Sponsored Programs and Advancement
• Set up the fundraising and donor management software Raiser’s Edge and ensure that the University’s data is updated
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
• High level of attention to details.
• Strong interpersonal relation skills. Must be able to engage and interact with a wide spectrum of people both internally and externally.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
• Strong management skills
• Strong time-management skills with a successful record of meeting deadlines under pressure.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Associate Director of Advancement” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before May 25, 2018. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer at Voice of Humanitarian Coordination||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Administrative Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||21 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|