Program/Finance Assistant(1683 Views)
Delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential fulfilled.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. In 2002, UNFPA re-established its Country Office in Afghanistan and is currently implementing its 4th Country Programme Action Plan (4th CPAP) of 5-year cycle (2015 – 2019). Output One and two in the 4th CPAP focuses on strengthening institutional capacity to deliver a coordinated supply of modern contraceptives and improve quality of family planning services and to deliver comprehensive maternal health services to underserved population in Afghanistan. The Reproductive Health and Rights component of the program is comprised of major components namely:
1. Expanding Family Planning and Reproductive Health Commodity Security
2. Strengthening the leadership and stewardship of national and subnational institutions for provision of reproductive and maternal health services in Afghanistan
3. Expanding the provision of basic RMNCAH services to underserved population through Family Health Houses in closer collaboration with BPHS implementers, NGOs, Civil society organizations and community members.
4. Expanding the Fistula Prevention, treatment and Rehabilitation service for Obstetric Fistula and Pelvic Floor Disorder Patients
5. Improve midwifery services, education, regulation and association.
Under the overall supervision of UNFPA Representative, Deputy Representative and direct supervision of the RH Program and Policy Specialist, the Program/ Finance assistant will be responsible to deliver quality support in admin-finance and logistic services for the RHR team mastering all relevant rules, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented-results-focused approach to interpret rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to RH program in collaboration with Operation section of UNFPA country office in Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||13 Mar 2018||Reference:||VA-CO-2018-03-01|
|Closing Date:||25 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the coordination of programme / project planning and preparation of annual work plans;
• Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information / data on specific program or project related issues
• Participates in the preparation of annual and quarterly project work plans, and arranges for relevant work planning meetings with the office and with counterparts;
• Facilitates preparation for project / programme review meetings, draft minutes of meetings and provides any other necessary logistical support to such activities.
• Undertakes monitoring visits to project sites, when required, and verifies project assets every year.
• Prepares budget revisions based on approved work plans and justifications, monitors project budgetary commitments, and generate required financial reports in a timely manner
• Checks and examines various project financial reports for accuracy and consistency against approved budgets;
• Ensures quality and completeness of filing of contractual and finance documents
• Reviews procurement requests and initiates procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manners; recommends procurement decisions.
• Provides assistance to RH Programme specialist, Officers and Finance Associates on procurement and relevant administrative tasks related to the Reproductive Health component of the country programme
• Provide assistance in the financial reports (FACE) submitted by the Implementing Partners for their accuracy and compliance with the approved AWPs and budgets; negotiate all necessary corrective steps with the IPs in collaboration with Program Finance Associate.
• Ensures financial reconciliation in close collaboration with UNFPA Operations and participate in related meetings;
• Act as a requester in ATLAS System
• Take over the responsibilities of Program finance associate in his absence.
Admin and Logistic support
• Ensure that all official documents are prepared and kept in soft and hard files for easy retrieval and archiving
• Receives visitors (arranges building access), places and screen telephone calls and answers with discretion, respond to routine requests for information.
• Drafts routine project related correspondences; translates and drafts letters, memos and other documents as well as provides oral translation as needed
• Provides support on all administrative and logistics matters concerning RH Unit including travel plans, travel authorization, monitoring of budgets, hiring of consultants, projects assets liaising with appropriate focal persons in the Courtly Office and Implementing Partners (IPs) for collection and maintaining records of necessary documents;
• Provides assistance in ensuring logistics for UNFPA organized office activities
• Liaises with relevant government departments and other state entities to obtain relevant clearances, permission and handles customs clearances for shipments etc.
• Undertakes other tasks as may be assigned by his/her supervisor or the Representative;
• Logistical Support
• Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports
• Managing information and workflow
• Planning, Organizing and multi-tasking
• Job knowledge/technical expertise
• Budgeting knowledge;
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
• The Position might entail travel to provinces and districts to monitor project implementation partners in the field.
• Knowledge of protocol, good judgment and initiative;
• Familiarity with UN development/ humanitarian program and working methods, particularly with UNFPA policies, financial and programming procedures is an asset.
University Degree at Bachelors level in Business, economics, Public Administration or Social Sciences is required, specialization certification in Accounting and Finance is preferable.
• 4 years of progressively responsible as programme-finance assistant experience is required.
• Previous experience in the UN is an asset at the national or international level.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and good knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft;
• Experience with UN agencies or bi lateral or multilateral partners will be an asset;
• Fluency in oral and written English and/ Dari and/ Pashto is a must
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested Afghan Nationals may send the completed United Nations Personal History form (P-11) by e-mail along with cover letter to the e-mail address as mentioned in below box.
UNFPA and reserve the right to appoint at the indicated or lower level and prior to the closing date. We will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom UNFPA has a further interest.
Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Assistant (INL Interdiction) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|JOB PLACEMENT OFFICER at DAI||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|