Evaluation Officer(966 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Evaluation Officer is a full-time, professional position located at the MoHE Directorate of Academic Coordination.
|Date Posted:||13 Mar 2018||Reference:||451|
|Closing Date:||21 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||38000 to 89000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities and tasks of the position include:
• Preparing the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual plans;
• Receiving the educational documents from the reception officer and keeping them till the end of the evaluation process;
• Preparing and organizing the documents based on the checklist prepared by the Commission on evaluation of the educational documents;
• Evaluating the educational documents based on the checklist for ensuring the accuracy and the completeness for submitting to the Commission;
• Registering all the attested documents after they are evaluated by the Commission;
• Presenting the plans and proposals for improving the activities;
• Contacting the applicants whose educational documents are not completed for attestation;
• Contacting the applicant whose documents are attested and ready for pick up;
• Performing other tasks as required by the supervisor.
Key qualifications of the Evaluation Officer include:
• Bachelor Degree (graduate degree preferred) in Education, Public Administration or Business Administration, supplemental education or training related to the position responsibilities, or equivalent work experience beyond the minimum requirement.
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in program/project management in the area of Public Administration.
• Applied knowledge of evaluation design as well as the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, particularly in the field of higher education.
• Knowledge of political and social context of Afghanistan and the higher education system.
• Computer skills, including Excel, Access, and relevant statistical packages (e.g., SPSS).
• International donor-funded program experience, in particular, knowledge of USAID programs and regulations.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and Dari (Pashto fluency preferred).
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, and leadership.
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other program staff and partners.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Consultant for External Review of US Embassy .. at American University of..||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|RTDMS Project Director at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Criminal Team Lead - Regions at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Criminal Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Civil Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Civil Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|National Project Manager- SDG Project-SB5/1 (.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||12 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Technical Assistant at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)..||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|Planning and Performance Monitoring Specialis.. at Trans-Hindukush Road C..||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|NIMS (National Information Management System).. at MOIA||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Manager Fundraising/ Resource Mobilization at French Medical Institute fo..||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|CW4WAfghan-Afghanistan Country Director at Canadian Women for Women in Af..||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|CEO at 786 Pharma||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|