Admin & Finance Officer(1490 Views)
The Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development Facility (CARD-F) works on behalf of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GOIRA) to deliver sustainable economic development in the rural economy at the district level. CARD-F seeks to provide a means of designing, coordinating, funding and implementing high-impact interventions through an integrated Economic Development Package (EDP) for targeted districts.
EDPs address issues of markets, agricultural production, processing and infrastructure in an integrated manner to promote growth and build on- as far as possible- existing programs and projects.
CARD-F functions under the auspices of an Inter-Ministerial Committee comprising: Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) and the Ministry of Finance (MOF) under the chairmanship of the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN).
CARD-F has successfully completed its Phase 1 and its Phase 2 will last until the end of 2018 and during this time CARD-F plans to cover all Provinces in Afghanistan. CARD-F is also a sub-component of the National Priority Program 2 (NPP2).
While presently externally funded by the Government of United Kingdom (DFID) and the Government of Denmark (DANIDA), other donors such as USAID, European Union and JICA have shown keen interest in funding CARD-F beyond its Phase 2.
Detailed responsibilities of the Admin & Finance Officer are as following:
• Devise and implement secretarial, clerical and administrative routines so that managers and staff are able to produce reports, programs and other outputs efficiently and effectively;
• Responsible for the preparation of all financial reports including: general ledger, budget performance/monitoring, payroll, inventory, and fixed asset register;
• Support the Provincial office in managing CARD-F administrative and other functions, including HR, procurement and office administration etc;
• Develop and maintain databases, filing systems and libraries so that information, reports, studies, assessments and other documents from the Districts, Provinces and other Ministries, agencies and donors can be stored, archived, interrogated and retrieved as they are needed;
• Ensure that all business processes by CARD-F are backed-up by required supporting documents and appropriate financial monitoring systems for all payments, including contract payments, sub-contract payments, award and amendment of contracts etc;
• Do monthly reconciliations with HQ Office;
• Prepare monthly financial statements, quarterly financial management reports and annual financial statements;
• Support the production, formatting, editing, printing and distribution of project documents;
• Maintain, monitor and replenish office supplies, goods and services (including cleaning, and security) and record and report on capital expenditures in accordance with Government of Afghanistan and DFID procurement guidelines and regulations;
• Create clerical routines and retrieval systems which allow for the effective administration of all incoming and outgoing hard copy correspondence;
• Maintain the diaries of designated personnel, and arrange meetings, rooms, and accommodation and travel arrangements where appropriate;
• Maintain a log of project and program records and activities so that progress against plans can be monitored and assessed;
• Uphold, protect and promote CARD-F’s core values, operating standards, protocols and HR policies and procedures so that customers, clients, suppliers, partners and employees respect and enjoy working with the facility;
• Undertake any additional tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Provincial Manager or Financial Controller;
• The candidate shall be willing to travel to target districts of Helmand under CARD-F Projects,
|Date Posted:||14 Feb 2018||Reference:||CARD-F-HRT-4-18|
|Closing Date:||23 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Admin & Finance Officer will work under the direct supervision of Herat Provincial Manager and will constantly liaise and report to Financial Controller in Kabul for the successful implementation of CARD-F interventions in Herat Province and Provide full secretarial, clerical and administrative services and support to a team of managers and staff within CARD-F in Herat.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari: expected to work independently using the language required, to prepare a variety of written communications (correspondence, reports, working papers, etc.), and to participate actively in meetings and in work related discussions.
• Ability to use computers and have working knowledge of MS Office, Spread Sheet or Excel, and other software
• Dynamic person with strong initiative
• Professional attitude, integrity and project focused.
• Team player with decision-making ability.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with all staff.
• Bachelor degree (from a recognized educational institution) in Finance and/or accounting
• Master’s degree in relevant field will be given preferrence.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in field of Administrative and Finance with donor funded Organizations.
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Preferably, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to Email address given below.
Please specify only and only vacancy number “CARD-F-HRT-4-18” in the subject line of your Email
DO NOT attach any other documents and certificates only Your CV and
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
1. Candidates from Herat province will be given preference:
2. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
3. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|International Financial Consultant at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Finance Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||01 Sep 2018|
|Senior Finance Assistant at National Democratic Institute for Internation..||Kabul||29 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||29 Aug 2018|
|Finance Manager at Shining Star Educational Organization||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Finance Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at Noor Hassan Group of Companies||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||04 Sep 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||05 Sep 2018|
|Finance Officer at Khaiber Fuel Logistic Service Company||Kandahar||31 Aug 2018|
|Accounting& Finance Manager at Tolo Fajer Plastic Industry Company||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|