About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
• Job related to Hospital Pharmacy, supply of medications to inpatients and outpatients according to prescriptions
|Date Posted:||13 Feb 2018||Reference:||FMIC/HR/120|
|Closing Date:||18 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be able to:
• Review and checking prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate dose and safe for the individual patient.
• Providing advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, for example, tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler;
• Ensuring medicines are stored appropriately and securely
• Monitoring of lab reports for proper indication of antibiotics, drug-drug interaction, and duplication of same class.
• Ensure timely delivery of medication to the nursing units or patient and hand over medication cassette.
• Dispensing of medication to out-Patients and given related information to them
• Answering questions about medicines from within the hospital, other hospitals and the general public;
• Ensure the accuracy of the label before dispensing for right patient, right drug and right quantity.
• Contact the physician for inaccuracy in prescription order, proper documentation & communication of it to the nursing & pharmacy staff.
• Provide drug and poison information to medical & Para medical staff.
• Dispensing of controlled drugs. (in-patient pharmacy)
• Monthly floor stock inspection for proper storage of drugs.
• Accurate and timely completion of expiry drug list.
• Patient counseling for Out-patient prescription and maintenance of cash.
• Maintaining and collection of Pharmacy data and relating papers, forms and documentation
• Preparation and dosage changing
• Receiving of medication from material management store
• Inventory of medicines and reporting to Pharmacy coordinator or Head of Pharmacy
• Supervision of Pharmacy technician and porter related job
• Receiving of transfer items from MM and note of shortage
• Working in shift
• Checking of refrigerators temperature, cleanness and item setting according to expiry date
• Familiar with function of hospital pharmacy
• Good knowledge of physiology, pharmacology and pharmaceutical.
• Familiarity with local availabilities of drugs and pharmaceutical, and their indications.
• Ability to communicate with medical Professionals.
• Should be able to speak in both national languages. Working knowledge of English is preferable
• B.Sc in Pharmacy or Pharm D from a recognized university or institute
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute Mothers and for Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||25 Aug 2018|
|Routine immunization Project Manager at IFRC||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Multi-sectoral Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|CBHC Provincial Officer (Kandahar) at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Kandahar||29 Aug 2018|
|دکتور سونولوجیست at Mehraban Hospital||Herat||31 Aug 2018|
|MARKETING / SALES Laboratory Products at DK - German Medical Diagnostic C..||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Vital Statistics Officer at World Health Organization||Kabul||18 Aug 2018|