Technical Officer (Quality Assurance and Accreditation)(1453 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The position is for the duration of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. There will be a probation period of three months. Annual performance evaluations will be organized by the supervisor. Feedback will be obtained from the MoHE for the performance evaluation.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 038|
|Closing Date:||04 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support and cooperate with the Senior Quality Assurance and Accreditation Manager in Quality Assurance and Accreditation activities
2. Provide technical assistance to Senior Quality Assurance and Accreditation Manager and Quality Assurance and Accreditation Directorate of MoHE in the area of design, implementation and monitoring of Quality Assurance Units and its activities.
3. Provide technical support to universities and higher education institutions during the requirement gathering, implementation and monitoring and post-implementation utilization monitoring of Internal Quality Assurance Units
4. Liaise and coordinate QAA projects activities with universities, implementing contractors and Procurement Directorate, MoHE.
5. Coordinate and support quality assurance and accreditation capacity building activities in universities and Quality Assurance and Accreditation Directorate of MoHE.
6. Provide administrative and logistical support for the day-to-day activities of Quality Assurance and Accreditation theme of OMST/HEDP.
7. Assist the Senior Manager in planning and implementation of external review process of public and private universities
8. Maintain all communications with University Operations Coordinators for day to day activities
9. Prepare official correspondences and letters (Maktoob, Pishnehad etc.) and timely deliver them to relevant staff at MoHE and universities
10. Communicate with the local and external partners for arrangement and launch of training, workshops and conferences
11. Act as contact person between Senior Quality Assurance and Accreditation Manager and Universities’ leadership, Quality Assurance and Accreditation Directorate, project implementing contractors and University Operations Coordinators
12. Ensure all quality assurance and accreditation activities are documented, archived, and recorded in an organized manner
13. Liaise with the Communication Specialist and provide timely updates on the QAA related events and activities
14. Perform such other duties, appropriate to the level of appointment as assigned from time to time by the Senior Quality Assurance and Accreditation Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode (Email Communication is a must)
• Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
• Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
• Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time.
• Possess critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan
• Fluent in English, Pashto, and Dari (spoken and written)
The candidate should have at least a bachelor degree in management, social sciences or relevant discipline. Must have a minimum 3 years continuous experience in the area of management and academic coordination/administration with national or international organizations.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Education
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Curriculum Developer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||05 Feb 2019|
|Subject Specialist (Islamiat Jafari, Pashto 2.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Teacher at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|مدیر مکتب at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|استاد اقتصاد، حقوق وعلوم.. at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|معلم Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|GEOGRAPHY TEACHER at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|