Interns ( General )(1532 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The intern works under direct supervision the Assigned department and Team, to facilitate the process of their routines with the relevant department team.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 037|
|Closing Date:||04 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• General administrative support: file, organize, mail outgoing orders,
• Providing support for the relevant Sr. Manager to facilitate their routines
• Create and maintain databases, including receiving registrations and managing databases for events and groups;
• Research and compile data: News stories, contact information, and other related records;
• Creating and editing publications, agendas, and event invitations;
• Process incoming and outgoing correspondence;
• Answer calls and directing inquiries to the appropriate staff member;
• Making copies and collating documents;
• As directed, other office support functions including website updates, compiling and formatting ABAC briefing materials,
• prepare shipments and mailings;
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Any other tasks assigned by direct supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve complex financial issues.
• Strong Analytical skills, including the ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers,
• Generate alternatives and drive positive change.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
• Demonstrated the ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
• Proficient use of financial systems and analysis tools including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks (preferred)
• Pursuing a bachelor degree or newly graduated from a recognized University.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged and preferred to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Investigator at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||03 Jun 2018|
|Day Laborer at NEI (Nutrition and Education International)||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|District Manager (CCAP) at DACAAR||Nuristan||19 Jun 2018|
|Scholarship for Afghan Females at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Interns – Bright Future Program at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Grants & Communications Advisor at DACAAR||Kabul||13 Jun 2018|
|Program Assistant FSN-08 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|(تحویلدار جنسی (سروبی at DABS||Kabul||04 Jun 2018|
|HRMIS Database Technical Advisor RE Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|Orthopaedic Technician at Ministry of Public Health||Khost||03 Jun 2018|
|Hygiene & Sanitation Supervisor Emergency Cou.. at DACAAR||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Guard at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services for Afgha..||Herat||27 May 2018|
|Admin /Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Zabul||26 May 2018|
|ولدنگ کار at DABS||Kabul||27 May 2018|
|تکنیشنن اکسری at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|Day and Night Mentors at OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSAMD||Kabul||26 May 2018|