Sr. Bridge Design Engineer(831 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
The Sr. Bridge Design Engineer works is responsible for the overall output of bridges design section, and other hand is the one who is following the bridge construction activities on the site. The Sr. Bridge Design Engineer will manage all designs and technical documentation produced by the Bridge Design Unit, and specifically designs and reviews drawings, specifications and work methodologies according to AASHTO and MPW Design standards. The Sr. Bridge Design Engineer Reports Head of Technical Unit.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||07|
|Closing Date:||03 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for overall output of the of the bridge design unit in preparation of bridge design drawing, estimation and documentation.
• Responsible for reviewing the plans and specifications on projects, prepared by technical team, and creating the final site specific drawings of the bridges for construction in line with the design and technical specifications requirements for completeness and accuracy
• Confer with members of the design and engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements/scope of work.
• Responsible for the provision of technical supervision and quality assurance for all project activities.
• Supervise the work of consultants, including the quality and appropriateness of work and adherence to technical specifications.
• Support the monitoring and evaluation of the project
• Provide overall leadership, management, and technical guidance to ensure the achievement of project objectives and performance indicators; the quality and timeliness of the project work; effective management, effective human resources allocation; and accurate project reporting;
• Design, estimate, and prepare drawing of all projects such as bridges and roads structures of MPW.
• Made site visits of all the road and bridge projects faced problems in the construction stage and solve technical problems on the site.
• Visited site for survey and site selection for major projects.
• Create spreadsheets in design estimation and survey analysis of the projects.
• Make sure the quality construction work is as per specification of NRAP/MPW.
• Continuously follow up the on-going projects and coordinate with the contract management unit of the NRAP/MPW.
• Monitor the implementation of the works by conducting site visits and providing guidance for improvement and good results;
• Review QA/QC site visit and materials testing reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications;
• Monitor the construction of foundations of bridges and culverts. Ensure QA/QC Engineers are undertaking testing of safe bearing pressures;
• Provide technical backstopping and training to project’s engineers and local contractors in bridge design and construction techniques including good practices and troubleshooting methods.;
• Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the Head of Technical Section.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Must able to deliver at least 2 bridge design/month with complete documentation.
- Must able to review 4 bridge design /month outsource survey and design
- Must able to prepare the bill of quantities of road and bridge projects.
- Must able to prepare the design drawings of other road and bridge related
- Must able to review 100Km/year structure’s drawings of the contractors’ design
Master degree in Civil Engineering with 5 years of experience and Bachelor degree with 7 years of experience.
a. Work Experiences
At least 7 years of work experience in a large scale roads construction project and bridge design is required.
Previous experience working in a UN or World Bank and Government project, INGO is an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Engineering
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: Application without subject of job title (Sr. Bridge Design Engineer) and vacancy No will not have concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview. Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply the language of interview should be in Dari, Pashto, and English.
4th floor, NRAP Building, Behind MPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|SME-Virtualization Engineer at Global Technology||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|SME-Lead Voice and Video Engineer at Global Technology||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|OFWM Engineer at MAIL||Multi Cities||08 Jun 2018|
|Field Coordinator (Emergency WASH) at DACAAR||Kabul||14 Jun 2018|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Nangarhar||05 Jun 2018|
|Proposal Writer at Bayat Group||Kabul||11 Jun 2018|
|Mechanical Engineer SME at MOIA||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|Architecture Engineer SME at MOIA||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|Civil Engineer at Amania Group||Kandahar||09 Jun 2018|
|Sr. Road Design Engineer at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Ca..||Kabul||29 May 2018|
|Health and Safety Officer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (T..||Multi Cities||26 May 2018|
|Surveyor at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (THRCP/MOPW)||Multi Cities||26 May 2018|
|Structural/Bridge Engineer at Tesla Consultants||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Resident Engineer at Tesla Consultants||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Quantity Surveyor at Tesla Consultants||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Draftsman/AutoCAD Operator at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||11 Jun 2018|
|National Geophysics Specialist (C-932-18) at Ministery of Energy and Wate..||Kabul||26 May 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|