Sr. Road Design Specialist(217 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The National Rural Access Program (NRAP) is one of the most important National Priority Programs (NPP) of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the program is the rehabilitation, (re-) construction and maintenance of the rural roads network in all 34 provinces of the country and it is funded by different donors, including the WB, ARTF, EC, DFID, JSDF , USAID and etc. The program has subsequent projects such NERAP, Shindand and etc.
The clients representative in the program has been nominated in legal document of project e.g. MSA and TA namely Program Implementation Unit (PIU). The program is committed not only to improve rural access in remote areas but also capacity building of national staffs in order to provide Ministry of Public Works with skilled and trained staff for future operation in which PIU and UNOPS consultants play the foremost role.
The Senior Road Design Specialit works under the guidance of the Head of Technical Section. The Senior Road Design Engineer will assist with all designs and technical documentation produced by the Road Design Unit, and specifically designs and reviews drawings, specifications and work methodologies according to AASHTO and MPW Design standards. Additionally, the Road Design Unit provides capacity building and mentoring to ARAP/MPW Civil Servant counterparts. The Senior Road Design Specialist may act as the Deputy of the Head of Technical Section in the absence of the Head of Technical Section.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||06|
|Closing Date:||28 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Head of Technical Section with the output of Road Design Unit.
• Design of rigid and flexible pavements by AASHTO method.
• Review technical specifications to ensure adherence to AASHTO and MoPW standards.
• Ensuring that all designs are completed to the highest standards, based on initial survey data provided to the Road Design Unit by the Surveyors, Regional Engineers, and environmental and social inclusion (ESMF) Specialists.
• Assist with the preparation of BoQs and technical documentation in accordance with World Bank and MpW standards.
• Provide advice and coordination of the construction of the roads in conjunction with the Contract Management Section and the Contractor.
• Assist the Contract Management Section and QA/QC and Regional Engineers with monitoring the work of the contractor.
• Assist the Senior Road design engineer with reviewing the existing practice of local contractors and conventional methodology of road construction; make recommendations that will increase safety (taking budget constraints into account) in the construction of roads undertaken by MPW.
• Review QA/QC site visit and materials testing reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications.
• Coordinate with the Contract Management Section and the Procurement Management Section on all contractual matters in the completion of the respective Contracts.
• Coordinate on design changes that are processed by the Contract Management Section.
• Building the capacity of MPW Counterpart Engineers in road design and construction techniques including good practices and troubleshooting methods.
• Provide technical advice and assistance to contractors to ensure that economical and quality materials are purchased.
• Assist with the provision of social-economic analysis of the respective road designs. This entails using Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) modelling processes, such as cost per person that the road will benefit.
• Monitor the implementation of the works by conducting site visits and provide guidance for improvement and good results.
• Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the Head of Technical Section.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Must able to deliver at least 10km/month road design with complete documentation
- Must able to review 50Km/month outsource survey and design
- Must able to do at least 10km/month the road related drafting of the road design drawings
Master degree in Civil Engineering with 5 years of experience and Bachelor degree with 7 years of experience.
b. Work Experiences
At least 7 years of work experience in a large scale construction project and 5 years only in Road design is required.
Previous experience working in a World Bank, UN, or Government project is an advantage
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Engineering
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: . Application without subject of job title (Sr. Road Design Specialist) and vacancy No will not have concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview. Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply the language of interview should be in Dari, Pashto, and English.
4th floor, NRAP Building, Behind MPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Water Engineer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Ghowr||05 Mar 2018|
|انجینر دیزاین ساختمانی ت.. at DABS||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Road Design Engineer/Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sr. Bridge Design Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Site Engineer for Highway at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Highway Project Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|