Intern, Career Center(3580 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) will assist in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
OBJECTIVES OF INTERN PROGRAM
The USWDP Internship Program is designed for the last year students or fresh graduates of public universities. Through this program, USWDP will develop the Interns’ ability in variety of soft skills, including communication skills, office management, presentation skills, admin, clerical, and other related personal skills through providing mentorship and training. The key objectives of the program are to help the Interns learn the most up-to-date development practices, experience a real work environment, acquire necessary employment skills, create a network of professional contacts, and apply the theories and skills they have learned during their studies in the university. Interns will report to the Head of Career Center/Career Counselor at the respective university.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns will not receive any payment or benefits.
|Date Posted:||10 Feb 2018||Reference:||439|
|Closing Date:||24 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
This short period of three months’ internship is only for the sake of learning and capacity building, supervisor will provide the coaching and mentoring, intern will cooperate and ensure to learn the following activities:
• Organize soft skill training.
• Organize of IT related courses.
• Data entry of Soft Skill Training (SST) and IT classes in the M&E database.
• Organize of (University Industry Advisory Council (UIAC) meetings.
• Coordination with USWDP departments.
• Last-year students and/or fresh graduates of public universities.
• Applicants who have attended USWDP Soft Skills Training will be given preference.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto.
• Basic computer literacy in MS Office packages.
• Well organized and proactive approach to work.
• Highly motivated for his/her professional and academic improvement.
Afghanistan - Balkh
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|عضواداری at DABS||Kabul||01 Jun 2018|
|Helper at United Nations World Food Programme||Badakhshan||06 Jun 2018|
|Business Support Assistant (Data Entry) at United Nations World Food Prog..||Nangarhar||06 Jun 2018|
|Admin Assistant at AFTEL||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|Administrative Manager- Kandahar at Tetra Tech||Kandahar||01 Jun 2018|
|Program Assistant at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||01 Jun 2018|
|Librarian & Reception at Social and Educational Services Organization||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|Associate Director of Advancement at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||26 May 2018|
|Secretary to CEO / President at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Receptionist at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Accountability & Gender Officer _ MEAL at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|کارمند کنترول at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage ..||Ghazni||27 May 2018|
|Office Cook at Faizi Masroor Construction Company||Kabul||31 May 2018|