Administration Coordinator(2198 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Administration Coordinator leads a team of administrative staff to provide professional and timely administrative and logistical support to various members of the organisation. The post holder is responsible for the smooth running of transport, facilities and logistical services in line with established policies and procedures as well as review of administrative processes and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
|Date Posted:||08 Feb 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-4|
|Closing Date:||24 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement standard guidelines and checklists for facilities management including house-keeping for the office and staff houses, preventative maintenance as well as vehicle care and service.
2. Supervise and/or implement the day-to-day administration activities of the Head Office and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records according to policy and procedure.
3. Ensure that all materials required for office and staff house consumption are available and provided accordance with Afghanaid policy and procedure.
4. Establish, maintain and oversee office records, ordering, issuance/assignment, repair and maintenance of all fixed assets and inventory items.
5. Ensure proper coordination of meetings and workshops/conferences and associated services such as transport and lodging, for the Head Office.
6. Ensure all legal obligations of the office and guest house, e.g. lease agreement, maintenance contracts, utility bills and other services, are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner.
7. Be active promoter of healthy, clean, safe and well maintained living/working environments; suitable for both men and women.
8. Ensure and that hygienic and healthy food and drinks are served to staff.
9. Supervise head office administrative staff (including the maintenance/operations assistant, administration/assistant) in the day to day services as well as guide, support and advise provincial/district offices staffs on administrative standards
10. Act as a point person for administrative technical support field office operations staff.
11. Coordinate the safe and secure movement of staff and visitors and recording in the registration books.
12. Ensure that all staff have performance objectives set, workplans for each individual staff member under their supervision are completed and they are reviewed regularly in a timely manner.
Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Bachelor’s degree in administration or related discipline.
3- 5 years of professional experience in administration with at least 2 years should be in a supervisory role.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable coordinator of administrative tasks with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software including MS Office applications.
b. Advanced knowledge of facilities management, transport logistics, general principles of operations management and related processes.
c. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
d. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
e. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
f. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
g. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
h. Sensitivity to gender issues.
i. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
j. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
k. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please email a covering letter and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 24 Feb 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Admin Officer at Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)||Kabul||17 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Administrative Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||21 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Senior Lead Scheduler at DABS||Kabul||16 Oct 2018|
|Administrative Officer at Office of Senior Advisor to the President of Af..||Kabul||18 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|