Senior Contract Management Officer(1006 Views)
About Kabul Municipality
The Kabul Municipality is responsible for implementing Kabul Municipal Development program (KMDP) on behalf of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the KMDP is to increase access to basic municipal services in selected residential areas of Kabul City and strengthen municipal finance management of Kabul Municipality.
The project is being financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), administered by the World Bank. The Project Management Unit (PMU) under the supervision of the Kabul Mayor has been setup at the Kabul Municipality (KM) to implement and administer the Project.
The KMDP Project is under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
o Infrastructure upgrading program
o Redesign of Kabul Municipality’s Financial Management System
o Project Management, Works, Design and Supervision
o Contingent Emergency Response
The Senior Contract Management Officer, works under direct supervision of the Senior Contract Management Specialist of Kabul Municipal Development Program (KMDP) and responsible for administration of awarded contacts, execution of all contract documentation under the project, interpreting contract documents and recording keeping of contracts progress and related data in accordance with the applicable World Bank Procurement Guidelines, The World Bank Bank’s Regulation for Procurement under IPF and draft contracts under the Standard Bidding/ Procurement Documents Government of Afghanistan Laws. , The contracts may include the civil works, consultancy services, non-consulting services and goods.
|Date Posted:||14 Jan 2018||Reference:||KMDP/S-IC-16|
|Closing Date:||03 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist in establishment of procedures for the contract administration of works, goods, consultant services and non-consultancy services as per the KMDP’s internal administrative procedures and World Bank guidelines/ regulations and standard conditions contract.
• To assist preparing adequate contract management filling system.
• Monitor the overall financial and physical progress of awarded contract as per contract terms and conditions.
• Assist in reviewing requests for variation orders and make recommendations to Sr Contract Management Specialist and KMDP Program Team Leader for further actions.
• In consultation with Sr. Contract Management Specialist Liaise with site engineers/project engineers and make recommendations on mitigation measures to prevent/minimize delays in contract implementation.
• Coordinate with relevant department (Procurement, Finance, Engineering and Social and environmental) for any contract management matters.
• Provide assistance in reviewing the payments certificates received from the contractors and prepare progress payment certificates for payments processing.
• Prepare and submit periodical reports on contracts progress, including recommendations for delivery performance improvements.
• Provide assistance in collating and monitor/ verify monthly payments to the contractors and review the cash flow projections.
• Assist in preparation of contractual letters with reference to KMDP’s internal administration and contract terms and condition in order to address Contractor’s issues.
• Assist in responding to claims.
• Assist in preparing time extensions, as well as in the preparation of completion certificates.
• Assist in timely preparing the proposal for seeking Bank’s no objection for contracts modifications for prior review contracts as per Bank’s applicable procurement guidelines and regulations.
• Assist in preparing contract management data for quarterly progress reports, and as required for any other entities (KM/World Bank, NPA and etc).
• Upload contract management data in STEP and NPA websites.
• Any other duties that the Senior Contract Management Specialist or KMDP Team Leader may reasonably require to ensure the smooth functioning of the project.
o Language Skills: Speak Dari, Pashto and read, write and speak fluent English.
o IT Skills: Familiarity with regular use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point functions.
o At least Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university Not less than 5 years’ experience in contract administration/ management.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested candidates should submit their Application in writing and clearly indicating the position and vacancy number.
Please note, while sending your CV and brief cover letter clearly highlighting how you are suitable for the position, mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and without the subject line will not be given consideration
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر عمومی تدارکات at ATRA||Kabul||13 May 2018|
|مدیر کاریابی مرکز آموزشه.. at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیرعمومی لیلیه امید at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیر عمومی آموزشهای فنی .. at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|آمر مرکز آموزشهای فنی و ح.. at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|(مدیرعمومی لیلیه (اناث at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|(مدیر عمومی آموزشهای فنی .. at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|(مدیر اداری ( اناث at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Internal Audit SME at MOIA||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Internal Control SME at MOIA||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Senior Credit Analyst at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Assistant to Management at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Fuel Distribution System Operator at JimCo International, LLC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Bulk Fuel Terminal Manager at JimCo International, LLC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیر پلان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporat..||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Business Development Specialist at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Management Instructor at PDI at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|Programme Analyst at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Examinations Assistant at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||05 May 2018|