Senior Procurement Assistant(1250 Views)
About Kabul Municipality
The Kabul Municipality is responsible for implementing Kabul Municipal Development program (KMDP) on behalf of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the KMDP is to increase access to basic municipal services in selected residential areas of Kabul City and strengthen municipal finance management of Kabul Municipality.
The project is being financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), administered by the World Bank. The Project Management Unit (PMU) under the supervision of the Kabul Mayor has been setup at the Kabul Municipality (KM) to implement and administer the Project.
The KMDP Project is under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
o Infrastructure upgrading program
o Redesign of Kabul Municipality’s Financial Management System
o Project Management, Works, Design and Supervision
o Contingent Emergency Response.
The Procurement Assistant, under the supervision of the procurement senior staff, is responsible for assisting in preparation and award of all contracts under the project in accordance with the World Bank Procurement Guidelines and The World Bank Bank’s Regulation for Procurement under IPF. The contracts may include the civil works, consultancy services, non-consulting services and goods.
|Date Posted:||14 Jan 2018||Reference:||KMDP/S-IC-9/1|
|Closing Date:||03 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing, and updating the procurement tracking sheets.
• Preparing and advertising IFBs, REOIs.
• Responsible for complete purchasing procedures, from preparing the Requests for Quotations to contract award.
• Assist in preparation of procurement documents such as Bidding Documents, Request for Bids, and Request for Proposals.
• Attend pre-bid/proposal meetings, prepare minutes of meetings, follow-up and maintain all administrative procedures during the pre-bid/proposal meetings.
• Distribution of the bidding documents/request and make sure the bidder should be registered in the record sheet.
• Participate as a permanent member in bid/proposal opening conferences, follow-up and maintain all administrative procedures during the meeting, including bid/proposal opening meeting minutes.
• Provide assistance to sr. procurement staff and evaluation committee in bid/proposal evaluation (this responsibility does not include carrying out the Bid Evaluation).
• Prepare and bind contract documents, distribute to the concerned KMDP departments and government departments, prepare the record/checklist forms for each awarded contract.
• Advertise awarded contract on National Procurement Authority (NPA), Kabul Municipality, ACBAR websites, local new papers and UNDB online per requirement in the Bank’s procurement guidelines/ regulations.
• Update procurement plans and activities in STEP system and make sure that all projects are updated accordingly.
• Coordinate with the HR and other relevant in selection of consultants.
• Manage proper procurement filling/record system, record keeping for both paper and electronic forms in the office in a systematic and quick retrieval manner while ensuring their safe keeping.
• Any other duties assigned by senior procurement staff or KMDP Team Leader from time to time.
o Language Skills: Speak Dari, Pashto and Read, Write and Speak Fluent English.
o IT Skills: Familiarity with regular use of MS Excel, MS Word functions.
o Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in any subject not less than 2 years’ experience in supporting the Procurement activity.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested candidates should submit their Application in writing and clearly indicating the position and vacancy number.
Please note, while sending your CV and brief cover letter clearly highlighting how you are suitable for the position, mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject will not be given consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement SME at MOIA||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Senior Procurement SME at MOIA||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Procurement Associate-SB3/3 (Re-Ad) UNESP at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Re-announce: Senior Procurement Specialist fo.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Procurement Supervisor (re announce) at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|