Finance Officer(1099 Views)
This Additional Financing for Second Customs Reform and Trade Facilitation Project is focusing on providing assistance to improve the overall governance environment of the Afghan Customs Department (ACD) by addressing priorities identified in the Governance and Accountability Action Plan (GAAP) matrix. The project is associated with the further roll out of specialized functional modules of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) to the remaining Customs stations, automation of management functions, installation of executive management systems, set up of trans border data exchange systems and the construction of essential physical infrastructure and equipment for the Afghan Customs Department (ACD).
To address some of the priority governance concerns, the project is providing assistance to improve the regulatory framework through a comprehensive legislative review and setting up mechanisms of government level coordination for legislative reforms, developing a compliance and enforcement capacity for ACD, and assisting with revising and then monitoring progress on the Customs Five Year Plan. The project will also assist the government in improving coordination and clarifying roles and responsibilities of various agencies present at the border and continue to improve donor coordination within the framework of the Informal Customs Network (ICN).
Accordingly, well qualified personnel are required to fill in the positions under PIU. These PIU personnel will be hired on ACD contract and will be paid as per the salary scales prescribed under NTA (National Technical Assistance) program.
The Finance Officer will be supervised by the Senior Finance Specialist and will be responsible for assisting the Senior Finance Specialist in implementation of the project finance procedures and processes as entrusted by him. Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Specialist
|Date Posted:||13 Jan 2018||Reference:||ACD/SCRTFP/2018-002|
|Closing Date:||18 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Having over all the cash management responsibilities
• Clearing, Checking and controlling all SCRTFP/PIU, ASYCUDA and ACD staff DSAs for domestic and international travels
• Maintenance and control of petty cash fund and preparation of report for replenishment.
• Serve as SCRTFP/PIU cashier and make sure the SCRTFP/PIU has enough cash in hand for day to day operational cost and ensure timely acquittal and replenishment of petty cash.
• Conduct daily, weekly and monthly cash count to make sure that the record of the last balance in cashbooks are the same with the amount of money in the save and prepare the cash reconciliation for each month.
• Ensure maintenance of petty cash register showing each receipt and payment in the register; ensure sequential number of petty cash payment vouchers; and ensure physical cash count at the end of each working day.
• Preparation of ACD’s payroll, DSA and other payments of the project (SCRTFP/PIU) and submit them to finance department of MoF for further process and payment.
• Assists Finance team in following up of the payments, allotments, advance acquittal and other related financial issues within MoF framework.
• Performing as back up during the absence of finance colleague.
• Extraction of required financial information from project agreements and set up of necessary accounts in line with existing financial policies and procedures.
• Assist Senior Finance Specialist for preparation of project reports such as monthly and Quarterly reports, IFRs, FMR and SOE to donor and MoF if needed.
• Establishment and maintenance of proper financial controls and timely submission of monthly accounts;
• Assist in review of payment requests for completeness prior to processing, ensuring that documentation needed is complete and all required procedures are fulfilled to enable the payment.
• Make sure that the payment requests properly obligated and payment made in accordance with Government’s/ World bank Financial Rules, Regulations and procedures;
• Verification of payment information and preparation of vouchers according to Government’s Rules and Regulations and accuracy of invoices and total as well as calculations.
• Maintenance of a payment schedule status system and filing of all financial documents;
• Assist in preparation and review of vouchers and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, compliance with Government’s Financial Rules and Regulations and correctness of account code charges
• Maintain proper records of all ACD’s expenditures related to the project in the computerized/Excel based accounting system.
• Monitoring of financial recorded expenditures and related contributions to ensure timely and accurate accounting information.
• Close review and monitoring of procurement documents of goods and services for ACD to ensure procurement rules and regulation of government has been followed.
• Assists Senior Finance Specialist in strengthening the internal financial and procurement control system, through following standard financial rules and regulations to ensure a transparent and clean accounting structure within ACD under SCRTFP.
• Communication with colleagues/clients on areas requiring verification, corrections, additional information, etc. to improve quality of output and/or account submission and increase knowledge base in the process
• Any other task assigned by the Senior Finance Specialist relating to financial management under project.
b. Monitoring and Progress Controls
• All finance activities are conducted according to Government/World Bank rules and procedures and are completed in a timely manner.
• Timely input to planning section that financial plan is updated regularly, and payments are processed in a timely manner.
• Effective coordination with other units to ensure finance unit functions is completed effectively.
• Effective management of financial procedures
• Disbursement of payment processes are completed according to Donor/Client rules and procedures
c. Final Product:
• Actively support Senior Finance Specialist with the supply of data and information including, but not limited to, reports, project completion report or any related closure documents.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Knowledge of Government/World Bank rules and procedures would be a distinct advantage.
• Be able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
• Is a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• Is a self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Management, and IT or any other relevant field is essential.
b. Work Experience and Computer Skills
• At least 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in finance- Essential
• At least 1 year of experience with government, NGOs, WB Funded projects or an international organization and Governmental experience- Desirable.
• Knowledge of World Bank Financial Procedures is an advantage
• Excellent knowledge in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office) and advance knowledge of spread sheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Experience of working under donor funded projects and knowledge of GoA procedures is an added advantage;
• Excellent working knowledge of English, both written and verbal. Fluent, both written and verbally, in Dari/Pashto.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Qualiﬁed candidates may submit their applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and must indicate the vacancy number and post title in the subject line of their submission while applying for this position through e-mail.
Applications with no vacancy number and post title on the subject line will not be considered as genuine submission.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written/Interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Data Entry Clerk at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Senior Admin and Finance Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Specialist at ACD||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (S.. at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DACAAR||Kabul||18 Jan 2018|
|Budget Officer at DABS||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Assistant at World Health Organization||Kandahar||18 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Multi Cities||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Consultant at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|