Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist(1785 Views)
About GoodWeave International in Afghanistan
GoodWeave International works to end child labor in global supply chains. Focusing initially on the South Asian carpet industry, GoodWeave fulfills its mission by creating market demand for products certified as free of child and forced labor, monitoring supply chains, rescuing and educating child laborers, and providing critical services for weaving families.
Having proven its model and built partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as Target Corporation, Macy’s, and The Otto Group, the organization is now expanding operations on the ground and into new product markets. GoodWeave is adapting its market-driven model to other new sectors including home textiles, apparel, fashion jewelry, tea and is helping to create a “better brick” industry in Nepal. Being a part of the GoodWeave team is to be on an award-winning social entrepreneurial team that is on the frontlines of the movement to end modern slavery.
GoodWeave International is seeking Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist candidates for the Afghanistan Job Creation Program (AJCP), a four-year program to generate revenue and sustainable jobs by supporting value chain development and trade promotion and facilitate Afghan businesses in increasing exports.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for the overall tracking of inputs to expected results and providing learning feedback that can be used to inform the implementation of program activities. This is a long-term, in-country staff position.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well-organized, adept at building relationships inside and outside the organization, a capable leader and manager in monitoring and evaluation and a designer and facilitator of training. S/he will possess a commitment to GoodWeave’s values and work ethic and ideally have experience working in issues of social justice and responsible supply chains.
|Date Posted:||11 Jan 2018||Reference:||GW-KBL-05-2017|
|Closing Date:||25 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||5 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees M&E activities in close collaboration with project staff;
• Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress;
• Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs M&E system;
• Provide M&E technical advice, including staffing and resource allocation to M&E;
• Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results;
• Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports;
• Oversee capacity building activities on M&E topics, including the development of workshop materials, webinars, the design and management of workshops for implementing partners, the development of technical briefs, learning modules, and M&E guides;
• Influences design and scope of initiatives and activities. Contributes to planning, and makes recommendations for project operations and/or implementation;
• Continually maintains a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English required;
• Dari and/or Pashto language skills required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Social or Research Sciences, such as Statistics, Economics, or other fields relevant to program monitoring and evaluation;
• 5-8 Years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs, including experience in a developing country context in monitoring and evaluation of private sector development programs;
• Demonstrated skills in quantitative research and design of data systems/management and information systems;
• Thoroughly conversant with internationally used measures of economic impact;
• Understanding of GoodWeave’s mission and socially driven business model;
• Strong management, interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills;
• Ability to work closely as a team and network with a wide range of stakeholders;
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave also offers a generous benefits package.
Please email resume and cover letter, explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position to:
Chief Program Officer
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر عمومی مانیتورینگ(نظ.. at Ministry of Higher Edu..||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|M&E Officer at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||12 Dec 2018|