Chief of Party(452 Views)
About GoodWeave International in Afghanistan
GoodWeave International works to end child labor in global supply chains. Focusing initially on the South Asian carpet industry, GoodWeave fulfills its mission by creating market demand for products certified as free of child and forced labor, monitoring supply chains, rescuing and educating child laborers, and providing critical services for weaving families.
Having proven its model and built partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as Target Corporation, Macy’s, and The Otto Group, the organization is now expanding operations on the ground and into new product markets. GoodWeave is adapting its market-driven model to other new sectors including home textiles, apparel, fashion jewelry, tea and is helping to create a “better brick” industry in Nepal. Being a part of the GoodWeave team is to be on an award-winning social entrepreneurial team that is on the frontlines of the movement to end modern slavery.
GoodWeave International seeks a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded Afghanistan Jobs Creation Program (AJCP) in Afghanistan. This procurement is expected to be a five-year program with estimated funding of $6 million (USD). The main objectives of Afghanistan Job Creation Program (AJCP) are to generate sustainable jobs by supporting carpet and other supply chain development and to support trade promotion and facilitate Afghan businesses in increasing exports.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well-organized, adept at building relationships inside and outside the organization, a capable leader of projects funded by bilateral and/or multilateral donors in challenging environments and have a track record in developing international programs and raising funds for them. S/he will possess a commitment to GoodWeave’s values and work ethic and ideally have experience working in issues of social justice and responsible supply chains.
|Date Posted:||11 Jan 2018||Reference:||GW-KBL-03-2017|
|Closing Date:||25 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Leadership||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||5 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
• Coordinate with the Country Director and country-level key staff as well as donors and other partners to develop and agree on work plans and budgets, maintain continuous communication during implementation and oversee timely delivery and reporting; recruit and supervise technical consultants when necessary;
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
• Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with GoodWeave’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
• Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders
• Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles
• With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
• Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other fora.
• Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly, communicate expectations for staff performance.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
• Experience with M&E is a plus.
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required; knowledge of Dari and/or Pashtu is a plus.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Public Policy, or a relevant field required.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development project management (USAID program management preferred); previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party experience preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of senior management experience on multi-million dollar private sector development projects in developing countries, preferably within central Asia.
• Experience with one or more of the following: socially responsible business, child labor, sustainable production, business, government and civil society capacity building, supply chains, accountability and anti-corruption, and South or Central Asia.
• Experience leading and expanding successful programs, through collaborative partnership development, strategy, design, capacity building, implementation and evaluation.
• Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
• Understanding of GoodWeave’s mission and socially driven business model;
• Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
• Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave also offers a generous benefits package.
Please email resume and cover letter, explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position to:
Chief Program Officer
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!