Re-announce: Senior Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Programs Deputy Minister(462 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking an Afghan national for the post of Senior Policy Adviser in the office of the Deputy Minister, Policy and Programs. The Senior Policy Advisor will be responsible to the Deputy Minister, policy and Programs and will work closely with other advisers and colleagues in the Ministry on a range of programs and activities to address the challenges and opportunities for the sustainable development and governance of Afghanistan’s mineral and hydrocarbon resources and extractive industries in line with international best practice.
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Senior Policy Advisor to Policy and Programs Deputy Minister|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan on Policy Advisory based on job description.
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to policy formulation and implementation affecting the extractive industries in Afghanistan
3. Assist in the drafting and revision of policies and other technical documentation
4. Undertake assigned research relating to policy in the extractive industries
5. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects
6. Performing any other tasks assigned by the Policy and Programs Deputy Minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• At least Bachelor degree in public policy, political economy, government, or a related field and Master’s degree is preferred in these fields.
• Work experience in Afghanistan
• At least 5-7 years’ experience in policy development in the public sector
• Experience of project-based work
• Ability to draft policies and other technical documentation
• Research skills
• English language skills
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Office administrative and computing skills
• Flexibility and enthusiasm
• Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
• S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
• S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 20/Jan/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Senior Policy Advisor to Policy and Programs Deputy Minister must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Manager-LITACA Project at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Apr 2018|
|Program Officer at UMASS - USWDP||Nangarhar||27 Mar 2018|
|Program Assistant - University Partnership at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|WFD Clerk at DAI||Herat||19 Apr 2018|
|Program/Finance Assistant at UNFPA||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Documentation Officer at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Internal Coordinator SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Program Coordinator SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Program, Agreement and MoUs SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Need Analyst SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Programme Officer at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Project Experts at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Senior Project Specialists (4 posts) at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|