Tax Specialist(1968 Views)
About Emerging Consulting LLC
Emerging Consulting, LLC is a consulting firm based in Virginia, United States with office and personnel in Kabul, Afghanistan, specialized in accounting, financial management, bookkeeping, tax compliance, and business compliance. Since 2015, Emerging Consulting, LLC assisted its clients in the United States and Afghanistan with establishing financial management, setup of accounting system, tax compliance, grants and contracts compliance, risk assessment and audit supports.
Emerging Consulting, LLC is seeking an Afghanistan Tax Specialist (experienced tax professional) to hire for its office in Kabul, Afghanistan to support its client on a part-time or full-time basis.
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||20 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Tax Specialist will take a significant role in assisting various clients, often working on several engagements simultaneously. This requires the ability to work independently and propose creative solutions to clients’ accounting and tax compliance issues. The Tax Specialist must be able to manage client relationships and show a deep commitment to excellent customer service. The Tax Specialist will be working with the President and other team to build a well-trained team of tax professionals. Specific responsibilities include:
• Advising clients on how to comply with the tax laws of Afghanistan.
• Advising and assisting in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns and filing them at the tax offices.
• Analyzing and calculating tax penalties and possible tax reliefs for new and existing clients.
• Researching and applying the written tax laws, tax manual, tax guides and other regulatory information to complex clients’ situations.
• Representing clients at the Afghanistan Revenue Department, Large Taxpayer Office, Medium Taxpayer Office and other related tax offices.
• Creating payroll systems that enable timely and accurate calculation of payroll withholding tax and payment of salaries.
• Reviewing clients’ accounting system, accounting records, tax documents and providing the assistance needed to ensure tax compliance.
• Training clients in the various skills necessary to keep their accounting system and tax system maintained properly and accurately.
• Ability to manage engagements, handle client communications, and supervise lower level staff.
• Strong working knowledge of Afghan tax laws and tax return procedures
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
• Knowledge and experience of QuickBooks
• Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing priorities and multiple deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluent in English language with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Audit experience is preferred but not required
• University Degree in Accounting or Business, ACCA qualification or certifications toward ACCA qualification.
• At least 3 years of experience in Afghanistan taxation, including experience of working with the Afghanistan Revenue Department, Large Taxpayer Office, Medium Taxpayer Office and other related tax offices.
Afghanistan - Kabul
If you meet all the above position criteria, please submit your CV, application cover letter and your salary expectation to: below email; Email subject line “Tax Specialist”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please do not make any phone call or send any email about this position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Financial Analyst at MOBY Group||Kabul||19 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at FHI360/GOLDOZI||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor Pashtany Bank (PB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor New Kabul Bank (NKB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Supervisory Financial Analyst FSN-12 (Single .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|Internal Audit Director at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Operation Officer at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (..||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||11 Jul 2018|
|Finance Expert for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior Administration and Finance Officer at AISS||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|TDFکارمند امور بانکی at ATRA||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Financial Specialist FSN-10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Audit Manager at Afghan Green Gate Co||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|