Lecturers/Professors for Journalism(162 Views)
About Kardan University
Kardan University is Afghanistan’s leading private university established in 2002. The University has earned a strong reputation for academic excellence through the achievement of the first accreditation status in Afghanistan granted by the International Assembly for Business Education (IACBE). It is worth-mentioning that Kardan University is the first university of Afghanistan which has been awarded the membership of Global Business School Network (GBSN). Over 4,000 students pursue their higher studies at Kardan University across business administration and Economics, Engineering and Computer Science, Journalism, Law, International Relations and Political science fields.
The University’s alumni group comprises of over 15,000 globally minded professionals who are contributing towards the development of Afghanistan’s public, private and non-profit sectors. Kardan University has three campuses based in Kabul offering academic programs at bachelor and master levels.
Are you a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge? If yes, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated professors and Lecturers to join our team of academicians and researchers in the field of Journalism.
Reporting to the Academic Administrators of Department, the professor or lecturer will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He/ She will also be responsible to review and revise the curriculum with the academic committee of the university.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the selected candidate.
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||BJ-Kardan-Jan-2018|
|Closing Date:||31 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake classes and teach students on subjects of Journalism such as Interview skills, Media Ethics,
Fundamentals of Multimedia, and other subjects.
• Provide support to the Academic Administrator of Department and coordinator of Department on Academic
• Develop course outlines and prepare in-class presentation for teaching topics.
• Update teaching materials and provide comprehensive and updates reference to students.
• Involve and support students in research activities.
• Engage students in a constructive manner and utilize modern teaching methodologies for providing Power
point presentation and other teaching techniques.
• Encourage students to conduct extra-curriculum activities.
• Support the department in the development process of curriculum development.
• Prepare form, documents and other necessary materials for relevant department and examination.
• Check and prepare accurate results of students.
• Invigilate in examination hall to monitor proper conduction of exams.
• Provide advice to the Academic Administrator of Department and Academic board activities that will improve
the department and its academic contents.
• Strong organizational, management, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent command of Dari, Pashto and English Language.
• Ability to prepare Power Point Presentation and teach effectively
• Practical Experience of Media and Communication
• At least Master in Journalism and Media.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional university level teaching experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Education
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/ demo.
|More jobs in this category|
|International Technical Assistance to General.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|English Language Instructor at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Balkh||26 Jan 2018|
|Teacher of English at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Feb 2018|
|Course Leader at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Program Coordinator at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Course Facilitators_ Trainer at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Senior Strategic Planning & Research Manager at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers for Civil Engineering at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Computer Science at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Graduate Studies at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturer/Assistant Professor for Internationa.. at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیر مکتب at لیسه خصوصی آسیا فر||Herat||19 Jan 2018|
|Acquisition and Assistance Assistant (Multip.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|Senior Trainer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Receptionist at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|English Teacher at Elham Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|