Lecturer/Assistant Professor for International Relations(1223 Views)
About Kardan University
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. Kardan currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 8,000 students in the field of business, law, IT and Civil Engineering at its campuses.
In 2013, Kardan University has been awarded with the prestigious ‘Top Performer Award’ by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of Afghanistan - a testimony to its first-class stature. To reaffirm this, Kardan University was granted the University status by the Ministry of Higher Education. Kardan is the only University not only in Afghanistan but also in the region to get candidacy status from the IACBE, USA, an established and well reputed international accreditation body.
Kardan University believes in the sense of commitment for excellence and quality and is committed to serve as a key player in the development and enhancement of education in the Afghanistan through its innovative curricular programs.
Are you a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge? If yes, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated professors and assistant professors to join our team of academicians and researchers.
Reporting to the Academic Administrator, the professors or Lecturers will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He/ She will also be responsible to review and revise the curriculum with the academic committee of the university.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the selected candidate.
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||MIR-Kardan-Jan-2018|
|Closing Date:||31 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake classes and teach students on subjects of his/her expertise.
• Provide support to the Academic Administrator or Dean of Faculty on Academic issues.
• Develop course outlines and prepare in-class presentation for teaching topics.
• Update teaching materials and provide comprehensive and updates reference to students.
• Involve and support students in seminar and research activities.
• Engage students in a constructive manner and utilize modern teaching methodologies for providing Power
point presentation and other teaching techniques.
• Encourage students to conduct extra-curriculum activities.
• Support the department in the development process of curriculum development.
• Prepare forms, documents and other necessary materials for relevant department and examination.
• Check and prepare accurate results of students.
• Invigilate in examination hall to monitor proper conduction of exams.
• Provide advice to the Head of Department and Academic board activities that will improve the department
and its academic contents.
• Strong organizational, management, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent command of English and Dari Language
• Ph. D or at least Master's in International Relations, International Trade or Conflict and Peace.
• Minimum of 05 years of professional university level teaching experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/ demo.
|More jobs in this category|
|Consultant (Gender Analysis in Education) at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Consultant (Conflict Assessment in Education) at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Badghis||24 Dec 2018|
|Master Trainer / English Teacher at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Kindergarten Teacher at Mehr Kindergarten||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|English Teachers (Native speakers) at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken En..||Kabul||05 Jan 2019|
|English Language Instructor/Computer teacher at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|معلم Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|GEOGRAPHY TEACHER at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|