Senior Project Management Training Specialist (Subject Matter Expert)(855 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID-funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Sr. Project Management Training Specialist (SPMTS) will work under supervision of Program Manager for Public Private Partnership (PPP) and closely coordinate his/her activities with the Training Specialist, Microsoft Office Project Training Specialist and Senior Proposal Writing Training Specialist. The SPMTS is responsible to develop training materials for project management, design, plan and conduct trainings in of each the four Kabul-based universities. The SPMTS will coach and mentor trainees to use their project management knowledge and skills during project implementation in their concerned universities. The incumbent of this position should be a subject matter expert of project management.
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||432|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||128000 to 256000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Project Management Training Specialist include, but are not limited to:
• Develop training materials (Reference Manual, Trainee Manual, Training Agenda, Pre and Post Test Questionnaires, Lesson Plan, PowerPoint Presentations) in English and one of the local languages (Dari or Pashto).
• Design, plan and conduct Project Management Trainings for four Kabul-based universities using the training materials, applying adult learning training methodology.
• Continue on-the-job coaching and mentoring of the ex-participants after the training to develop work schedule for proposed projects.
• Support participants to use Project Management Training learnings (knowledge, skills) during project design and implementation.
• Provide comments and recommend corrective actions to the work schedules developed by participants.
• Contribute to the development of training plans and reports, and extend communication with the four Kabul-based universities.
• Work closely with Microsoft Office Project Training Specialist in training materials development, planning and execution stages.
• Provide technical support to PPP Program Manager/USWDP in training interventions.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor or project leadership.
Our values (IMPACT):
USWDP employees are expected to demonstrate the below mentioned organizational values in their day to day work.
• Innovation to meet the evolving needs of our beneficiaries, funders and partners.
• Mutual respect for diversity and cultural differences.
• Passion driven by a personal commitment to make a positive difference.
• Accountability for our work, measuring, reporting and continually improving all that we do.
• Commitment to excellence assured by the highest ethical, quality, operational performance and scientific standards.
• Teamwork across disciplines and geographies, within the organization and with our partners
The salary range for this position is between 128,000 and 256,000 AFN per month (Grade B of NTA Salary Scale) depending on the qualification, experience, salary history and USWDP policy.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Key qualifications of the Project Management Training Specialist include:
• Five-years experience with Master's and seven-years experience with Bachelor's degree.
• Master of Business Administration, Master of Economics and Project Management Professional (PMP) certified are preferred.
• Knowledge of PMP standard is preferred.
• Proficiency with MS project is preferred.
• Experience in conducting and development of work schedules in project management.
• Knowledge of training design, delivery and follow-up based on adult learning cycle.
• To have training and on-the-job coaching skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
• To be supportive to the participants.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
• Please indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line (Senior Project Management Training Specialist (subject matter expert), VA# 432) otherwise your application will not be considered.
• Please include names and contacts for three references.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|APPS SME at MOIA||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Specialist (Democracy and .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Assistant (Multiple Vacan.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Program Assistant for MoMP/Chief of Staff at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Project Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|