Finance Specialist(777 Views)
This Additional Financing for Second Customs Reform and Trade Facilitation Project is focusing on providing assistance to improve the overall governance environment of the Afghan Customs Department (ACD) by addressing priorities identified in the Governance and Accountability Action Plan (GAAP) matrix. The project is associated with the further roll out of specialized functional modules of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) to the remaining Customs stations, automation of management functions, installation of executive management systems, set up of trans border data exchange systems and the construction of essential physical infrastructure and equipment for the Afghan Customs Department (ACD).
To address some of the priority governance concerns, the project is providing assistance to improve the regulatory framework through a comprehensive legislative review and setting up mechanisms of government level coordination for legislative reforms, developing a compliance and enforcement capacity for ACD, and assisting with revising and then monitoring progress on the Customs Five Year Plan. The project will also assist the government in improving coordination and clarifying roles and responsibilities of various agencies present at the border and continue to improve donor coordination within the framework of the Informal Customs Network (ICN).
The Finance Specialist will be supervised by the Senior Finance Specialist and will be responsible for assisting the Project General Manager in implementation of the project finance procedures and processes as entrusted by him. Reporting directly to the Project General Manager
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||ACD/SCRTFP/2018-003|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Regularly updating of project budget and proposing re-allocations among project activities, where necessary (e.g. where there are savings or where the budget is exceeded). Doing accounting and internal control to ensure that fund of the project is properly utilized.
• Ensure timely preparation of relevant government forms (for eg: B27, M12, M16, etc) for PIU expenditures by coordinating with MoF Admin/ finance department to ensure allotments and payments are processed on time
• Coordinate closely with SDU/MoF for providing clarifications on queries raised and facilitate speedy disbursements
• Establishing and operating expenditure controls and providing overall supervisory support for PIU individual project activities.
• Ensuring that expenditures are made only after all requisite approvals are obtained and the procurement guidelines applicable to the project have been followed;
• Assisting and providing sufficient data to Senior Finance Specialist in preparation of consolidated Interim Financial Report (IFR). Assist the Senior Finance Specialist in preparing and compiling the Project Quarterly Financial Forecast and Financial Reports.
• Providing sufficient data for Replenishment purpose to Senior Finance Specialist when required.
• Check the accuracy and documentation of allotment supporting documents as per MoF check list.
• Ensure that all prior review contracts are sent to the Bank for entering them into the Bank’s system before the submission of claims.
• Maintain Project’s accounting books and records, including general ledger and subsidiary ledgers, and ensure that there is proper and adequate documentation to support all of the project’s transactions;
• Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditure, balances, payments, statements and other day to day transactions and reports;
• Timely processing of all staff and vendors' payments/receipts that include salaries, day to day office expenses and clearance of advances etc;
• Maintaining of all tracking sheets related to Finance Department as per Financial Management Manual ( Cash Book, Bank Book, Advance Register, M-16 Register etc,)
• Responsible for closing the Project financial operations every month and for accounts reconciliation, including adequate documentation and filing.
• Maintain professional electronics as well as manual filing system to maintain accurate and updated accounting records and documents, including all transaction vouchers, ledgers, bank statements, agreements, receipts etc;
• Regularly follow up for salary payments of Common Functions, SMGs, National and International Advisors and Project Supports Units’ staff are processed on time as per the set timelines in Memorandums of Understanding and procedures;
• Support finance team in maintaining a transparent and accurate data and cooperate with the visiting audits in this regard;
• Ensure that the World Bank financial management procedures and norms are fully followed in all phases of program implementation
• Review procurement contracts after finalization
• Prepare list of actions to be done by the contracted entity;
• Tally the list of activities to be done with the contracted obligation of the contractor
• Any other tasks as assigned by the management at any time.
II. Operational support
• Ensure that all business process are backed-up by required supporting documents for
processing of staff and sub contract payments, awarding and amendments of contracts
• Ensure conformity of project disbursement requests with procedures, work plans and
availability of resources for expenditure Ensure that Purchase Orders are raised and RPA, requisitions for procurement, contragct issuance and amendment as well as disbursement of funds are processed and costs captured with sense of urgency and accuracy
• Manage subcontracts and other project related transactions, ensuring updated records and information
• Advise project staff on the application, interpretation and adoption of Government-AFOH’s corporate operational rules, procedures and guidelines in all transactions.
• Prepares monthly projected and actual burn-rates.
• Develops and implements a timetable for the financial and contractual closure of
projects that have been operationally closed.
III. Project Completion
• Assist in the preparation of project completion reports and ensure compliance with contractual obligations
• Ensure smooth project completion in accordance with Government’s policies and procedures with specific focus on audit requirements in the following areas (i.e. expenditure reports, clearance of ULO and assets management)
• If required assists in drafting final report and TOR for an independent project
• Assist in assessing different phases of the project implementation and share "lesson learnt" with the project team/ staff and management
• Encourage and institutionalize knowledge sharing with and capacity building of the
project team and in interacting with clients and partners
IV. (v) General duties
• Maintain close communication with other Senior Finance Specialists and PSOs to ensure constant exchange of best practices and standardization of approaches
• Share knowledge and expertise in Project Management with other colleagues.
• Promote Government as a credible partner in project management and operations as well as expanding its strategic partnership instruments
• Assist national personnel in the capacity building aspects; training and other related activities and identify areas that can improve staff performance.
• Other duties as may be assigned by supervisors
b. Monitoring and Progress Controls
• Project Budget for fiscal year is prepared in timely manners for stakeholders and HQ's approval
• Up-to-date project financial data is available for management review, project financial report is prepared on quarterly basis or as requested and presented to stakeholders
• Project General Manager is informed of any variation in project budget and expenditure and advised for remedy or budget revision
• POs are raised in time and payments are made within a week after the receipt of the claim.
• Prepares projected and actual burn-rate on monthly basis and control mechanism is in place for appropriate fund disbursement
• Reporting Requirement:
• The Senior Finance Specialist will report to the Project General Manager directly.
• The Senior Finance Specialist will submit monthly reports on all activities carried out as part of this assignment and will also prepare other reports as and when required by the Project General Manager.
• He/she will provide the management with updated financial information;
• He/she will be responsible to establish and manage an effective Financial Monitoring Reporting mechanism;
c. Final Product:
• Actively support Project General Manager with the supply of data and information including, but not limited to, reports, project completion report or any related closure documents.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to operate computer and word processing packages.
• Knowledge of ATLAS/AFMIS accounting system a strong advantage.
• Fluency in both written and oral English is required. Knowledge of Dari language.
• Initiative and sound judgment.
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to work under difficult conditions.
• Commitment to work and willingness to work over hours if required.
• Dedication to the Government of Afghanistan and World Bank principles and demonstrated willingness to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work with people from different backgrounds & professions.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in business administration, economics, accounting or related field required
b. Work Experience and Computer Skills
• Minimum 5 years of professional relevant experience and related experience in the finance, budget administration and/or related field.
• Previous Government experience highly desirable.
• Experience with Government financial systems or financial reporting is considered an advantage.
• Excellent command of both oral and written English is mandatory
• Knowledge of both oral and written local languages (Dari and Pashto) required
• Excellent knowledge of office applications and important computer programs are required
• Fluency in both written and oral English, Dari and Pashto are required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Qualiﬁed candidates may submit their applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and must indicate the vacancy number and post title (Finance Specialist- ACD/SCRTFP/2018-003) in the subject line of their submission while applying for this position through e-mail.
Applications with no vacancy number and post title on the subject line will not be considered as genuine submission.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written/interview
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Data Entry Clerk at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at ACD||Kabul||18 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Senior Admin and Finance Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (S.. at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DACAAR||Kabul||18 Jan 2018|
|Budget Officer at DABS||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Assistant at World Health Organization||Kandahar||18 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Multi Cities||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Consultant at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|