Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (SPFMS)(1064 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID-funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Senior Public Financial Management Specialist (SPFMS) will be closely working with the leadership of four Kabul-based universities, Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and USWDP to assist public universities in the implementation of University Autonomy, particularly in Financial Autonomy reform. The SPFMS will directly report to the University Autonomy Program Manager and through him/her to the Senior Manager for Organization Development. The SPFMS will be mainly responsible for reviewing the existing public financial management systems, policies, and procedures, provide practical and appropriate recommendations and solutions and develop human capacities and policy documents to pave the way for the successful implementation of financial autonomy reform.
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||430|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||128000 to 256000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 9 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key tasks and responsibilities of the SPFMS include, but not limitted to:
• Assess and review the existing financial systems, policies, and procedures of the four Kabul-based public universities and develop the financial autonomy implementation work plan in agreement with USWDP and university leadership.
• In close-coordination with Finance Director of MoHE and senior management of USWDP, assess and review the existing financial laws and regulations, decrees, specific policy documents related to financial autonomy and provide constructive recommendations for the implementation of financial autonomy reform and possible amendment in the by-law.
• Provide technical assistance to the university relevant departments for the implementation of the Financial Autonomy reform (by-law).
• Provide technical assistance in development of Financial Autonomy relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines (Revenue and expenditure management, financial forecasting models, bank account management, revenues vs. expenditure analysis models, university accounting manual, inventory management SOP, fixed assets management SOP, aids and funds management SOP, reporting and other Financial control SOPs)
• In close coordination with systems development team, provide technical inputs on developing Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
• Provide technical assistance in developing organization development plan, proposing constructive suggestions in the structure of the university, and developing ToRs related to Financial Autonomy departments.
• Provide technical assistance in review and development of controlling mechanisms (reporting, monitoring, and evaluation) for transparency and accountability of financial autonomy reform implementation.
• Work closely with Capaicty Development Manger of each university to develop and implement the public financial management capacity development plan for strengthening university relevant departments’ staff (HR, Procurement, Finance and Administration).
• Provide direct mentoring and facilitate PFM training workshops on-the-job training/coaching for university relevant units’ staff on planning, budgeting, execution, HR management, procurement management, monitoring & evaluation, reporting and revenue collection other financial autonomy related activities.
• Advocate and work closely with the leadership of the university, Ministry of Higher Education and Ministry of Finance to establish a mechanism for the re-allocation of university’s revenue into the new fiscal year budget.
• In close coordination with senior management of USWDP, University and MoHE to establish mechanisms for the sustainability of USWDP-sponsored degree programs.
• Liaison with private and public entities to brining potential partnerships to enhance autonomy of the university
• Work with University Career Center personnel to facilitate University-Industry partnerships
• Be the secretary of University Industry Advisory Council (UIAC)
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the position supervisor or project leadership.
Our values (IMPACT):
USWDP employees are expected to demonstrate the below mentioned organizational values in their day to day work.
•Innovation to meet the evolving needs of our beneficiaries, funders and partners.
•Mutual respect for diversity and cultural differences.
•Passion driven by a personal commitment to make a positive difference.
•Accountability for our work, measuring, reporting and continually improving all that we do.
•Commitment to excellence assured by the highest ethical, quality, operational performance and scientific standards.
•Teamwork across disciplines and geographies, within the organization and with our partners
The salary range for this position is between 128,000 and 256,000 AFN per month (Grade B of NTA Salary Scale) depending on the qualification, experience, salary history and USWDP policy.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Key qualifications of the SPFMS include:
• Master degree in Financial Management, Economics, ACCA or CPA with five-year relevant working experience or Bachelor degree with seven-year relevant experience is required
• Experiences in Public Finance/Accounting and Budgeting is required.
• Strong practical experiences in reviewing and developing public financial and accounting systems, policies and procedures.
• Budgeting and financial managements skills relevant to public sectors, NGOS, and organizations
• Knowledgeable of Afghan labor, tax and procurement law
• Knowledge of Afghanistan Public Financial Management Law and the higher education system.
• High-level proficiency in MS Office application such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Proficiency in the database operating, development and designing and knowledge in financial management software is an advantage.
• International donor-funded programs experience and knowledge of USAID programs and regulations are preferred.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English, Dari and Pashtu.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, management and leadership.
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks and number of professional staff.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other program staff and partners.
• Ability to perform various financial and interpretational analysis in problem-solving, processing data and information.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
• Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line (Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (SPFMS), VA# 431) otherwise your application will not be considered.
• Please include names and contacts for three references.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Financial Analyst at MOBY Group||Kabul||19 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at FHI360/GOLDOZI||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor Pashtany Bank (PB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor New Kabul Bank (NKB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Supervisory Financial Analyst FSN-12 (Single .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|Internal Audit Director at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Operation Officer at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (..||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||11 Jul 2018|
|Finance Expert for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior Administration and Finance Officer at AISS||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|TDFکارمند امور بانکی at ATRA||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Financial Specialist FSN-10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Audit Manager at Afghan Green Gate Co||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|