Sustainability Advisor for the Director of Academic Programs Development(1232 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is designed to help Afghanistan’s higher education professionals effectively manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of the Afghanistan Higher Education Project and other initiatives, the USWDP project will improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and up to 11 public universities to ensure quality education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. It will also assist in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
Work with the Director of Academic Programs Development to ensure a smooth and sustainable transition of all USWDP-supported programs to Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and their respective universities. The Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party Academic Performance (DCoP AP) and will perform the following duties:
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||430|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advise the Director of Academic Programs Development on progress regarding the development and enhancement efforts of USWDP-supported bachelor, associate and master’s degree programs.
• Work with MoHE and USWDP staff to develop a sustainability plan for all USWDP-supported academic programs that are endorsed by MoHE.
• Support the sustainability of USWDP activities by assisting in securing both existing and new Tashkeel positions required to sustain the quality of USWDP-supported academic programs and other activities (e.g. Career Centers, Financial Autonomy)
• Support the process of obtaining legalization for Associate Degrees
• Provide support to the Director for all activities related to USWDP academic planning.
• A written sustainability plan for all USWDP supported academic programs.
• Secure approval for all Tashkeel positions based on USWDP Tashkeel plan submitted to MoHE.
• Support approval of legalization of five pilot Associate Degrees supported by USWDP.
• Written monthly reports to the DCoP.
Our values (IMPACT):
USWDP employees are expected to demonstrate the below mentioned organizational values in their day to day work.
• Innovation to meet the evolving needs of our beneficiaries, funders and partners.
• Mutual respect for diversity and cultural differences.
• Passion driven by a personal commitment to make a positive difference.
• Accountability for our work, measuring, reporting and continually improving all that we do.
• Commitment to excellence assured by the highest ethical, quality, operational performance and scientific standards.
• Teamwork across disciplines and geographies, within the organization and with our partners
The salary range for this position is between 128,000 and 256,000 AFN per month (Grade B of NTA Salary Scale) depending on the qualification, experience, salary history and USWDP policy.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Minimum qualifications and attributes:
• Master's degree in Education, Economics, Management, Communication and other related areas from a recognized university.
• Minimum 5 years of intensive experience in the development of Strategic Plans, Higher Education development and management. Experience must include faculty development, academic program development, teacher education and institutional capacity building, and change management.
• Development experience and knowledge of higher education systems required. Experience working in the development context of Afghanistan is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills are critical.
• Excellent knowledge of English, local language skills in Dari/Pashto is highly desirable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of political and social features of Afghanistan and the issues involved in changing higher educational systems.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Education
• Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line (Sustainability Advisor for the Director of Academic Programs Development, VA# 430) otherwise your application will not be considered.
• Please include names and contacts for three references.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Assistant, LTTA CCN at DAI||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|Gender Specialist STTA at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|Senior Project Specialist - Female at PLACED/MoLSA||Kabul||01 Feb 2019|
|PLACED General Project Director at PLACED/MoLSA||Kabul||01 Feb 2019|
|QUALITY ASSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (QAR) Civil .. at Global Technology||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2019|