Exams Finance Officer(1736 Views)
About British Council Afghanistan
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 100 countries. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements.
The Finance Officer will provide accurate accounting & financial services in order to support effective monitoring of budgets and financial decision making and will actively support the Exams Manager to oversee and ensure an efficient finance, contract management and effective reporting system of the day to day exams financial processes in terms of adherence and compliance with all procedures, policies and systems as per British Council’s standards set out in Essential Finance – both internally within the team and externally with local partner(s), invigilators, examiners, suppliers, consultants and institutions. The finance officer delivers efficient, effective and responsive advice to all customers - internals and externals across the exams and needs to ensure all venue staff, venue suppliers, local partners and suppliers payments are executed accurately and on time
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2018||Reference:||0038|
|Closing Date:||23 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• General financial management and financial oversee of the exams to ensure effective monitoring & evaluation to meet British Council’s financial requirements with positive feedback
• Work collaboratively with the exams manager, exams officers/assistant and finance team to agree and establish an effective operating procedure and standards of financial management for all exams financial activities.
• Ensure effective business risk management of the exams is done on a regular basis for contract compliance and financial disbursements/revenues, identifying any contractual risks with clients, institutions, examiners, venue staff, venue suppliers, consultants, and partners.
• Lead and support process of exams financial planning, forecasting, monitoring and reporting to internal/external clients and customers as appropriate and support the negotiation and preparation of contracts for approval and signature by the British Council.
• Manage, monitor and report on a monthly basis exams’ income and operational expenditure and undertake regular financial management checks through accessing appropriate financial report on SAP.
• Proactively oversee team planning, monitoring and review activities and support the exams’ general financial and budget management.
• Respond to enquiries from internal/external customers effectively and efficiently in ways that enhance British Council’s reputation and ensure customers can access the products and services we deliver.
• Perform SAP related duties to manage exams’ activities.
• Ensures full EDI compliance and advocacy in all project’s financial processes.
• To oversee maintaining a database for all exams contracts (finance, operational, administrative and HR) and ensure relevant staff are notified in advance when these contracts need to be renewed.
• To ensure fraud prevention and applying best procurement practices.
• Support and oversee delivery of exams as per corporate policies and standards, including Corporate Customer Service Standards, British Council Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) policies & practice, Child Protection & Data Protection requirements.
• Identify risks and opportunities to the exams and report these at quarterly Financial Control & Compliance Framework (FCCF) and country top risks meetings.
• To actively support exams manager in terms of business development and looking for opportunities.
• To actively support exams staff in the administration and delivery of the tests (IELTS, Aptis, ACCA, School, and University Exams)
Communication Skills, Financial Planning and Management and Marketing and Customer Services
Bachelor Degree is essential, Postgraduate qualification in Financial Planning & Business Management is desirable
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
All applications must be made using the British Council application form. Obtain the Application from our website https://www.britishcouncil.af/about/jobs
Further details of the posts can be obtained from the same address.
Please note that application is by this form only. We WILL NOT accept CVs.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the mentioned posts.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Data Entry Clerk at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at ACD||Kabul||18 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Senior Admin and Finance Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Specialist at ACD||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (S.. at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DACAAR||Kabul||18 Jan 2018|
|Budget Officer at DABS||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Finance Assistant at World Health Organization||Kandahar||18 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Multi Cities||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Consultant at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|