Technical Surveyor for SNaPP2-ID(1783 Views)
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces.
Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques.
Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
Under the direct supervision of the SNaPP2-ID irrigation project coordinator and close coordination with chief design engineer. The design engineer will be responsible for the project selection/Identification, surveying the irrigation schemes and structures as per the required standards. Also the technical survey engineer will have the overall responsibility to preliminary alignment Survey for the project site plans, topographical plans, long section, cross section, drawings and sketches. He will report to the Irrigation Project Coordinator.
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2018||Reference:||4KLPNB/MAIL/SNaPP2-ID|
|Closing Date:||15 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate he will be responsible of followings tasks but not limited to:
• Using survey equipment (total station, leveling machines, GPS, DGPS, etc.) conduct survey of irrigation infrastructures, and agricultural command area within the irrigation schemes i.e. establish and check preliminary (bench marks survey) and technical surveys (longitudinal profile, and Cross-sectional surveys) for the irrigation sub-projects.
• Using software such as Civil 3D, Eagle Point and Auto Cad, prepare topographical maps from sites survey data, and share it with design and estimation engineer
• Searches and use latest satellite images to improve the accuracy of maps,
• Calculates and processes survey data, produce maps such as project plans, longitudinal profiles, cross-sections, irrigated/non-irrigated land etc.
• Guides contractors/Irrigation Associations and firm to survey and construct works according to the specification and designs,
• Participate in the project selection/Identification.
• Carry out walk through survey with Relevant Team member for collecting the data needed to prepare designs of the SNaPP2/ID Schemes;
• Assists design team and site engineer when it is necessary,
• Using survey equipment’s (total station, GPS or leveling machines) perform survey of command area.
• Collect the essential survey data for the design engineer, Presents maps, Take care of the data, and make sure it is properly stored/filed.
• Make sure the survey data submitted for design is appropriate and accuracy.
• He or she is responsible to deliver at lease complete package of three Irrigation schemes topographic survey and plotting per month to the organization.
• Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Coordinator and Irrigation Director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good command on Auto CAD, Civil 3d, Eagle Point, and Ms. Office skills.
• Must have good report writing skills.
• Excellent Analytical & Communication skills.
• Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on time on the office/sits.
• Good capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Ability to rapidly learn new concept together and execute them with ease under pressure.
• Have ability in taking up new techniques as well as responsibilities.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must have an excellent experience of Total station, GPS, and other Field Survey equipment’s
• Bachelor degree in a related field (Civil Engineer, or Equivalent) is highly desirable, Master preference.
• Minimum of three years of work experience in irrigation schemes project technical surveys and project planning is required.
• Must be able to download the Total station data, plot it in AutoCAD-Civil 3D/Eagle Point or any other graphic software.
• Must have familiarity with GIS.
• Be a team player and capable of working with others in a participatory method.
• Self-motivated and having strong initiative skills.
• Must be fluent in English and both national languages.
• Must be able to use the survey equipment’s like Total Station, GPS, Level and other survey equipment.
• Must have a good computer software experience. Other survey software’s would be a plus.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a covering letter as follow conditions:
Please send your CV along with a cover letter
Subject line must be: (Technical Surveyor -4KLPNB/MAIL/SNaPP2-ID) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Site Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Survey Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL..||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|PIO Manager at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||04 May 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 May 2018|
|Substation and Distribution Engineers at CEES||Bamian||30 Apr 2018|
|انجنیر هایدرولیک at DABS||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Construction Supervisor Vacancy No: C-643 at Ministery of Energy and Wate..||Farah||24 Apr 2018|
|Design Engineer- Autocad Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|