Loan Officer(785 Views)
These are exciting times for the First Microfinance Bank (the FMFB-A). Started in 2004 as a regulated bank with a focus on Micro Finance, the Bank is now expanding into Consumer and Corporate Banking. At the same time the bank is heavily investing in supporting technologies to make our strategy happen. We are a bank in transformation on all fronts!
Over a 1,000 employees serve & delight our customers and commit their time & talent to help the FMFB-A become the best bank in Afghanistan. Now we’re looking for your talent.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated 'Loan Officer' to join us who possesses excellent business development skills with a hunger to succeed. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the aim of this role will be to spearhead loan client acquisition for the branch and to originate quality loans of up to $10,000 for low and moderate-income borrowers.
With a positive attitude in everything you do and every relationship you build, you will be passionate about assisting clients with their financial needs through appropriate loan products. More importantly you will ensure that the customer gets the right loan, at the right price, for the right purpose. Obviously cash flow analysis, repayment capacity assessment, and collateral management is all part of the job. Don’t worry, we provide extensive and excellent training programs to ensure that you are able to fulfil your job requirements.
|Date Posted:||07 Jan 2018||Reference:||FMFB-HR-0002-2018|
|Closing Date:||14 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Loan Officer's role is multi faceted and includes:
1. Recruiting new clients; assessing customer needs, introducing different types of loans.
2. Explaining the loan process to potential clients and verifying clients’ eligibility for a loan.
3. Going and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
4. Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans.
5. Carrying out risk assessment by collecting detailed information on each client through meetings and field visits (home, business, suppliers, customers, guarantors, community) and loan appraisal (financial analysis, repayment capacity, tenure, collateral, etc).
6. Updating the required data in the Bank's Loan Management System.
7. PreparingLoan Appraisal Report for Loan Committee meeting; collecting and/or filling documents for guarantees.
8. Presents the loan at the loan committee meeting and informs the client of the loan committee’s decision.
9. Checking the proper use of the funds disbursed.
10. Loan monitoring including periodic site visits and ensuring timely repayments.
11. Going the “extra mile” to build relationships, and customer loyalty.
12. Operating in compliance with relevant/prevailing FMFB policies/procedures; and full alignment with the audit recommendations.
Given the nature of the business you will be a graduate and probably be in the 25 to 35 years age bracket. A degree in business administration is desirable, but not mandatory. In order to succeed in this role you require a strong background in service industry coupled with experience of dealing with business owners. You will have a successful track record in a frontline role, ideally in banking but experience in another commercially driven environment will certainly be considered. The position requires you to be highly customer-driven, responsive, and enthusiastic with the ability to work cooperatively with a broad spectrum of people both inside and outside the Bank. Strong communication skills are essential.
Afghanistan - Kabul
If you meet the above requirements we are encouraging you to apply for the job, please send us your resume via email no later than 14th January 2018. Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy number as subject line.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the requirements of the post will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Search Woman at Afghanistan International Bank||Multi Cities||29 Jun 2018|
|Re-announce Branch Manager at Exchangerzone||Balkh||05 Jul 2018|
|همکار راپوردهی at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|مامور مرکزی (IT Operation Assistant.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|SME Credit Analyst(Re-Advertised) at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Security Support Officer at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Executive Assistant at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Credit Administration Manager(Re-Advertised) at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Compensation and Benefits Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Balkh||26 Jun 2018|
|Talent Acquisition Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Client Relationship Officer at FMFB||Nangarhar||24 Jun 2018|
|Junior Officer Compliance at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|CFO(Chief Financial Officer) at Arian Bank||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|